Definition of und
1. undo [ v ] cancel, annul, or reverse an action or its effect
Examples: "I wish I could undo my actions"
(Guy Bolton, The Olympians....)
The bodice beneath was buttoned and , withdrawing his lips from hers , he set her upright on his knee and started to undo it , unhurriedly as if she were a child .Synonyms undo Related Terms change_by_reversal unfold untie unwire unhitch unplug unravel unfasten unbuckle unstaple unpick unpin unbutton unstrap unbraid unwind unbelt unclip undoing
2. undo [ v ] deprive of certain characteristicsUsed in print:
(Sallie Bingham, "Moving Day," The Atlantic...)
Carefully , he undid the bow .Synonyms undo unmake Related Terms do destroy
3. undo [ v ] cause to become loos
Examples: "undo the shoelace" "untie the knot" "loosen the necktie"
4. undo [ v ] remove the outer cover or wrapping of
Examples: "Let's unwrap the gifts!" "undo the parcel"
5. undo [ v ] cause the ruin or downfall of
Examples: "A single mistake undid the President and he had to resign"
|Definition of undividable|
|Definition of undivided|
|Definition of undivided_interest|
|Definition of undivided_right|
|Definition of undo|
|Definition of undoable|
|Definition of undock|
|Definition of undocked|
|Definition of undocumented|