Definition of harrass
1. harass [ v ] cause to suffer
Examples: "Jews were persecuted in the former Soviet Union"
(Douglas Ashford, "Elections in Morocco: Progress...)
Despite the internal and international crises that harassed Morocco the elections remained a central issue .Synonyms persecute harass oppress Related Terms torment purge haze oppressor
2. harass [ v ] annoy persistently
Examples: "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
(Gerald Green, The Heartless Light....)
He did not see Sparling , or DeGroot , or Ringel , or any of the feverish crew that had so harassed him twelve hours ago .Synonyms badger tease pester bug harass beleaguer Related Terms torment pest tease
3. harass [ v ] annoy continually or chronically
Examples: "He is known to harry his staff when he is overworked" "This man harasses his female co-workers"
4. harass [ v ] exhaust by attacking repeatedly
Examples: "harass the enemy"
5. harass [ v ] challenge aggressivelySynonyms harass heckle Related Terms interrupt heckler
|Definition of harangue|
|Definition of haranguer|
|Definition of Harare|
|Definition of Harari|
|Definition of harass|
|Definition of harassed|
|Definition of harasser|
|Definition of harassing_fire|
|Definition of harassment|