Definition of freind
1. friend [ n ] a person you know well and regard with affection and trust
Examples: "he was my best friend at the university"
The appointment of U_Thant of Burma as the U.N.'s Acting Secretary_General - at this writing , the choice appears to be certain - offers further proof that in politics it is more important to have no influential enemies than to have influential friends .
(Nathan Rapport, ""I've Been Here before!"...)
There is a pause in the merriment as your friends gaze at you , wondering why you are staring , open-mouthed in amazement .
One day Maeterlinck , coming with a friend upon an event which he recognized as the exact pattern of a previous dream , detailed the ensuing occurrences in_advance so accurately that his companion was completely mystified .
(Jack Kaplan, "The Health Machine Menace: Therapy by...)
Franklin_D._Lee proved a man of prompt action when Mrs._Claire_Shaefer , accompanied by a friend , visited him in Bakersfield , California , several months ago as a prospective patient .
For Mrs._Shaefer - who had been given a clean bill_of_health by her own physician at the time she visited Lee - and her friend were agents for the California_Pure_Food and Drug_Inspection_Bureau .Synonyms friend Related Terms person companion buddy light confidant best_friend girlfriend alter_ego damon flatmate brother roommate amigo schoolfriend mate phintias Damon_and_Pythias
2. friend [ n ] a person with whom you are acquainted
Examples: "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances" "we are friends of the family"
3. friend [ n ] an associate who provides assistance
Examples: "he's a good ally in fight" "they were friends of the workers"
(Donald J. Plantz, Sweeney Squadron....)
Friend or enemy ?Synonyms ally friend confederate Related Terms foe associate blood_brother
4. friend [ n ] a person who backs a politician or a team etc.
Examples: "all their supporters came out for the game" "they are friends of the library"
5. Friend [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 1930Synonyms Friend
6. Friend [ n ] a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)Synonyms Quaker Friend Related Terms Protestant Christian Quakeress penn Religious_Society_of_Friends
|Definition of friedrich_wilhelm_nietzsche|
|Definition of Friedrichs|
|Definition of Friedt|
|Definition of Friel|
|Definition of Friend|
|Definition of friend_of_the_court|
|Definition of friendless|
|Definition of friendlessness|
|Definition of friendliness|