Definition of eg
1. egg [ n ] animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes; especially the thin-shelled reproductive body laid by e.g. female birdsUsed in print:
(Successful Farming, 59:12...)
Reduces losses from stomach , hookworm , and nodular worms by interfering with reproduction of the female worm by reducing the number of eggs laid and essentially rendering all laid eggs sterile .
Reduces losses from stomach , hookworm , and nodular worms by interfering with reproduction of the female worm by reducing the number of eggs laid and essentially rendering all laid eggs sterile .Synonyms egg Related Terms ovum nit roe silkworm_seed spawn roe yolk chalaza
2. egg [ n ] oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as foodUsed in print:
(Mignon G. Eberhart, The Cup, the Blade...)
She doled_out what Glendora vaguely guessed were the right amounts of dried peas , eggs , cornmeal , a little salt .Synonyms eggs egg Related Terms foodstuff Easter_egg shell egg_white egg_yolk protein
3. egg [ v ] coat with beaten egg
Examples: "egg a schnitzel"
4. egg [ v ] throw eggs atSynonyms egg Related Terms pelt
5. egg [ n ] one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
Examples: "she kicked him in the balls and got away"
|Definition of Egeria|
|Definition of Egeria_densa|
|Definition of Egerton|
|Definition of egest|
|Definition of egg|
|Definition of egg_cell|
|Definition of egg_cream|
|Definition of egg_cup|
|Definition of egg_en_cocotte|