Definition of coffe
1. coffee [ n ] a beverage consisting of an infusion of ground coffee beans
Examples: "he ordered a cup of coffee"
(Tristram Coffin, Not to the Swift....)
He had dinner and sat there over his coffee watching the winding pattern of traffic as it crossed the bridge and spread_out like a serpent with two heads .
(Gerald Green, The Heartless Light....)
He and Irvin_Moll were sipping coffee at the breakfast bar .
The latter , thanking her for the coffee , had winked and muttered , `` Sure_'_nuff , honey '' .
After she had served the detectives coffee and toast ( they politely declined eggs , uncomfortable about their tenancy ) , she settled_down with a morning newspaper and began reading the stock_market quotations .
Moll took his coffee into the nursery .Synonyms coffee java Related Terms beverage cafe_noir cafe_au_lait Turkish_coffee Irish_coffee espresso capuccino iced_coffee mocha chicory decaffeinated_coffee cafe_royale coffee_substitute drip_coffee caffeine coffee_bean
2. coffee [ n ] a seed of the coffee tree; ground to make coffeeSynonyms coffee_berry coffee coffee_bean Related Terms seed
3. coffee [ n ] any of several small trees and shrubs native to the tropical Old World yielding coffee beansSynonyms coffee_tree coffee Related Terms tree robusta_coffee Liberian_coffee Arabian_coffee Coffea coffee_bean
4. Coffee [ n ] Last name, frequency rank in the U.S. is 5280Synonyms Coffee
5. coffee [ n ] a medium to dark brown colorSynonyms coffee deep_brown umber burnt_umber chocolate Related Terms brown
|Definition of Coffea_arabica|
|Definition of Coffea_canephora|
|Definition of Coffea_liberica|
|Definition of Coffea_robusta|
|Definition of coffee|
|Definition of coffee_bar|
|Definition of coffee_bean|
|Definition of coffee_berry|
|Definition of coffee_blight|