Definition of basterd
1. bastard [ n ] (obscene) insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculousUsed in print:
(Edward P. Lawton, "Northern Liberals and Southern...)
In_fact it has caused us to give serious thought to moving our residence south , because it is not easy for the most objective Southerner to sit calmly by when his host is telling a roomful of people that the only way to deal with Southerners who oppose integration is to send in troops and shoot the bastards down .
(Tristram Coffin, Not to the Swift....)
He had a mean , unbroken sheer bastard in his outfit , and someone invented the name Trig for him .
The colored boy had it , and Trig lunged at him with a knife and said , ' Give that to me , you black bastard .
(Francis Pollini, Night....)
If the crummy bastard could write !
Turn the bastards over to me - to me and my boys - no nigger ever got what would be comin to them - reactionary bastards .Synonyms bastard son_of_a_bitch prick mother_fucker shit motherfucker mother cocksucker SOB dickhead whoreson asshole Related Terms unpleasant_person obscenity
2. bastard [ a ] born out of wedlock
Examples: "the dominions of both rulers passed away to their spurious or doubtful offspring"- E.A.Freeman
3. bastard [ a ] fraudulent; having a misleading appearanceSynonyms fake phony bogus bastard phoney Related Terms counterfeit
4. bastard [ n ] derogatory term for a variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin
Examples: "the architecture was a kind of bastard suggesting Gothic but not true Gothic"
5. bastard [ n ] the illegitimate offspring of unmarried parentsSynonyms by-blow love_child illegitimate_child illegitimate whoreson bastard Related Terms offspring bastardize
|Definition of Bast|
|Definition of bast_fiber|
|Definition of Basta|
|Definition of Bastarache|
|Definition of bastard|
|Definition of bastard_feverfew|
|Definition of bastard_indigo|
|Definition of bastard_lignum_vitae|
|Definition of bastard_pennyroyal|