Definition of accomodation
1. accommodation [ n ] the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a needSynonyms accommodation Related Terms aid service lodge
2. accommodation [ n ] living quarters provided for public convenience
Examples: "overnight accommodations are available"
3. accommodation [ n ] in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of realitySynonyms accommodation Related Terms developmental_learning accommodate
4. accommodation [ n ] a settlement of differences
Examples: "they reached an accommodation with Japan"
5. accommodation [ n ] making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstancesSynonyms adjustment fitting accommodation Related Terms improvement shakedown adapt fit adjust accommodate
6. accommodation [ n ] (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the lens of the eyeSynonyms accommodation Related Terms alteration readjustment domestication habituation physiology